A nine hole course was constructed on the present site in 1926 by the then owners City Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited. A tournament for professionals was staged on 27th July 1927 to commemorate the opening.
On 19th August 1930, the Ryde Golf Club was incorporated and in 1932 the course was extended to 18 holes.
In 1934 following the close of the Parramatta Golf Club, members of that Club became members of the Club and at an extraordinary general meeting held in January 1935, the name of the company was changed to Ryde-Parramatta Golf Club Limited.
In November 1945, agreement was reached with City Mutual to purchase the freehold and improvements for 19,500 pounds ($39,000). Therefore unlike many clubs which are located on land leased from local councils or semi-government organisations, security of tenure is assured.